Recent scandals have raised governance as a hot topic with the NHS, VW, FIFA, Kids Company and the Police Federation in the news. The UK Corporate Governance Code is clear that “The purpose of corporate governance is to facilitate effective, entrepreneurial and prudent management that can deliver the long-term success of the company”. If governance becomes an end in itself, then it has failed. Our experience covers the following areas:
- Board performance.
- Risk awareness and management.
- Governance strictures and stakeholder representation.
- Developing relationships between the Board and the senior management team.
- Facilitation and supporting better decision-making.
- Linking governance and operational performance.
We have helped organisations by providing an impartial, external review of part or all of their governance areas/requirements.