July 14th, 2016
Careers with The Consultancy Company
Are you a senior manager looking for the next challenge? Are you a consultant wanting more reward and greater control?
Then becoming one of our consultancy team may be the right move for you. An exciting opportunity to change your career with full training given and uncapped earnings.
“I have had tons of mentoring support from a fellow Consultant and the MD.”
How we work
We are a group of business and industry experts, who believe that we are more successful working together as a like-minded team than on our own. We work with clients across all sectors of business life, industry, small business, healthcare and local government. In the private sector our projects are mainly around the supply chain and manufacturing with clients as diverse as BAE, GE Healthcare, Rotork, Edwards vacuum and IMechE.
In the public sector our focus has been on change in social care, primary care, housing, local government, transport and procurement. At the last count we have worked with 64 different public bodies including Tri-Borough, Brent CCG, Newham CCG, Stroud District council and SEPT (a group of NHS hospitals).
“I was positively surprised by the level of training. The training itself was really eye opening – it was thought-provoking, rich and intense.”
The Role of Consultant
Think of this as an entrepreneurial role, even a business within a business requiring self-motivation and tenacity. We provide a great support structure to help you achieve your goals, and will help guide and nurture you and your capabilities.
Our consultants are remunerated by fees, it is not a salaried role. The fee split system rewards individuals who deliver consultancy, who convert an enquiry into a customer and also rewards those who find the client in the first place. Even if the client doesn’t need your speciality you can gain an income stream promoting a colleague’s expertise. Income will fluctuate and you will need an initial financial buffer to cover initial training and the time it takes to get up to speed.
“The practical sessions worked really well, even though I normally hate role-plays. I took four to five tools and techniques to work with as a consultant and I have used them time and time again and use them as part of the way that I work. It was invaluable.”
What we offer
- The backing of a successful consultancy with case studies and an excellent track record (70% repeat business)
- The support of like-minded senior experienced people and a good back office support structure
- Training on how to promote yourself and win consultancy assignments
- Coaching/mentoring and Continual professional development
- A route to become a Certified Management Consultant (backed by the Institute of Consulting)
- Help to transition from corporate life to Consultancy (if required)
“Everyone is very approachable and so if you have a challenge with a client you can contact anyone in the team for support.”
What we are looking for
- Someone who has worked at Director or Senior Manager level
- Extensive experience of multiple project implementation.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in one or more defined organisational or functional areas.
- UK based, able to commit to regular meetings in Oxfordshire
- Ability and drive to obtain face to face meetings with prospective clients (our training and support will help you convert those meetings to projects)
- Expertise in strategic thinking and problem solving
- Willingness to work alongside clients in a practical hands on style.
- Enthusiasm to make a difference
If that sounds like you and you are interested in the role please send a copy of your CV with a short covering note to explain where you are in your career to ku.oc1501130612.ycna1501130612tlusn1501130612oc-eh1501130612t@tne1501130612mtiur1501130612cer1501130612 and we will be in contact in the next few days.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The quotes on this page are from a recent investors in people re-certification audit when our consultants were asked their views anonymously.